Remodel Your Bathroom On A Budget Tips
Bathrooms are a major part of a home’s attractiveness and functionality, but fixing them up can be costly. The following article will offer tips that can help you to remodel your bathroom on a budget.
Remodel Your Bathroom On A Budget Ideas
1. Follow a budgeted plan. Establish your spending limits beforehand, and stick to them. A good plan will keep you on track and prevent unexpected obstacles from breaking the bank. Research your project carefully, shop around for the best prices and create a fail proof blueprint for success.
2. Avoid changing plumbing if possible. Plan your project around the pipes you have, rather than moving them. Plumbing is not only difficult and expensive to change, but you could find yourself with major problems that require professional intervention if you’re not careful.
3. Refinish existing porcelain rather than replacing it. It’s fairly economical to spiff-up your tub or shower and sink, and not very hard to accomplish. Re-grout between tiles and clean up the surface areas that have become discolored. Often, a thorough stripping can bring old porcelain back to its original glory.
4. Resort to hiring help as necessary. If you’re not totally sure you can succeed on any part of your plan, hiring help will be cheaper than possibly damaging your bathroom. At least consult with an expert to make sure you’re going about your project the right way, in order to avoid potential disaster.
5. Know your contractor. Research anyone you hire to come into your home and make sure they’re offering you the lowest price. Try and get someone recommended by a personal acquaintance of yours. Tell the contractor you want to do as much of the work as possible, even clean-up, to cut these additional costs.
6. Remember ventilation. Proper ventilation will make your bathroom more comfortable and prevent moisture from accumulating and forming mold. Keep ventilation in mind from the beginning and work it into your improvement plans. Although there are simple models and methods to work with when it comes to ventilation, knowing the basic mechanics can keep your project going and add to its eventual success.
7. New hardware is a fast and effective upgrade. Replacing the faucets and fixtures in your bathroom will instantly improve the look and add to what ever style you are trying to achieve. Although this is one of the most cost effective ways to upgrade the room, be cautious when installing new hardware on older sinks or tubs, as they may be prone to cracking. Also, be sure your measurements match up before you start taking anything apart.
8. Experiment with lighting. Adding lights or moving them around can do a lot to improve your bathroom, without making the project expensive. Work with different ideas in light shades, and use mirrors to give the appearance of more space. Install dimmer switches too, for night time safety and convenience.
Have fun fixing up your bathroom and enjoy the fact that you didn’t spend too much for it! Use these tips and common sense ideas to create the home of your dreams on a budget.
Recommended reading: The Keys to a Successful Bathroom Remodeling Project
If you enjoy the remodel your bathroom on a budget post, share it with your friends on facebook and pinterest.